We joyfully invite you to step into the King Ashoka Mandala, to support the activities of Kyabje Tsikey Chokling Rinpoche and Kyabgön Phakchok Rinpoche. Together we can bring great benefit to all beings through the three unsurpassable qualities of wisdom, compassion and dignity. Through this mandala, we hope to forge a strong spirit of kinship throughout all of Rinpoches’ sangha worldwide, providing a common thread that links everyone together.
Our vision is to nurture the very best in human nature, bringing out the basic goodness that lies within each of us. In line with our vision, our mission is to benefit sentient beings and preserve the Buddha’s sacred teachings. We strive to liberate ourselves and all sentient beings from the mundane physical and mental sufferings of this life, as well as the suffering of future lives.
Our Activities include :
- Education of over 90 monks and university scholarships for young students from the Himalayan region
- Healthcare treatment to those who need it most, through fixed and mobile clinics, and outreach medical and dental camps
- Medical training for Tibetan Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine to enthusiastic, service-minded young people from the Himalayan region
- Translations of previously untranslated texts and Publications of teachings by great masters
- Building the Zangdok Palri shrine for the peace and happiness of the world, as well as functioning as a tantric practice place in the future.
Who is King Ashoka?
King Ashoka ruled the Maurya Dynasty and united the Indian subcontinent c.250 B.C. Early on in his reign, he was known for his cruelty as a ruthless ruler and warrior. But after surveying the bloody carnage of his victory at Kalinga, King Ashoka embraced Buddhism and a life of ahimsa (non-violence).
King Ashoka transformed his reign into one of virtue—emphasizing respect for all living beings, across all religions. Through compassion and virtue, the moral and spiritual welfare of his subjects was his primary concern. Today, ‘Ashoka the Great’ is remembered as one of India’s greatest emperors.
In the footsteps of this great Dharma King, we ask you to make a contribution to our meaningful activities that can touch the lives of thousands, through a contribution of less than US$1 a day, or US$30 a month, US$360 a year! Join us today!
For monthly payments, click here
King Ashoka Mandala Benefits
- Special audio and written teachings from Kyabje Chokling Rinpoche and Kyabgon Phakchok Rinpoche;
- Daily prayers said on your behalf by monks in Vajravarahi and Riwoche Monasteries;
- Quarterly updates on the progress of our projects from Kathmandu, Nepal;
- The accumulation of merit!